Home Advice About Us Outreach Staff Vacancies Volunteer Vacancies Current Issues Support Us Warm Home Grants Contact Us Disclaimers

© Copyright: Citizens Advice, Sudbury, Suffolk. All rights reserved.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN Number 617758

Sudbury & District Citizens Advice is an operating name of Sudbury & District Citizens Advice.

Registered Office: Sudbury & District Citizens Advice, Keyse House, Acton Lane, Sudbury, Suffolk. CO10 1QN.

Charity registration number 1123466 Company limited by guarantee. Registered number: 6051096 (England and Wales)

Home - About Us - Advice - Benefits - Health - Debts - Money Advice - Tax - Relationships - Family - Legal - Work - Housing - Education - Immigration & Nationality - Warm Home Grants - Vacancies - Volunteering - Research & Campaigns - Support Us - Contact Us - Graphics


Telephone lines:

Monday - Thursday

10:00am - 3:00pm


Monday - Thursday

10.00am - 1.00pm

Reception opens at 9.30am. We begin advice at 10.00am on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability.

There is no public parking.   The nearest parking is in Girling Street car park. For those with mobility issues, we do have limited parking.  Please either phone us on the above number, or email us on advice@sudburycab.org.uk to book a disabled parking space.

Find Us

Keyse House

Acton Lane



CO10 1QN

Website Problems?

Telephone 01787 321400 or Contact us by Email:



Who can claim in your area?


SCAM ALERT!! Please read!!


Citizens Advice National Website

Settled & Safe Renters Rights


Retaliatory Evictions – provision that came into force from the 1st October 2015 (in England only)

The landlord can no longer serve a section 21 notice:

- Within the first 4 months of the tenancy

- Where the rights and responsibilities of the tenancy have not been set out in the tenancy agreement

- Where the tenant has complained to them about the condition of the premises and the landlord hasn’t given an adequate response within 14 days.  If the tenant does not know the landlords contact details but has made every effort to contact them about the conditions of the building, then no section 21 notice can be issued.  It is therefore important for landlords to ensure tenants have their contact details otherwise the Section 21 notice will not stand if the tenant is unable to contact them.

- Where the tenant has complained to the housing authority about the condition of the dwelling and various types of enforcement notices have been served.

A Section 21 notice can however be issued where:

- The tenant has not used the property in a ‘good tenant like’ manner

- Where the dwelling is genuinely on the market for sale (the landlord must inform the tenant of this before serving a section 21 notice)

- Where the landlord is a provider of social housing

- Where the dwelling is subject to a mortgage which was granted before the tenancy and the lender requires possession of the property with vacant possession.

Deregulation Act 2015

The Deregulation Act 2015 (DA) was passed on 26 March 2015 and covers various points which will be of interest to landlords and those appointed to deal with residential properties

Tenancy Deposit Schemes (TDS) came into force 6th April 2007



Download the Document

A Renter's rights.docx